Wednesday, March 6, 2013

It was cold.


In early January, I decided to take a spontaneous weekend trip with a few friends and a few people who became my friends up north to see Harbin's International Snow & Ice Festival.

It was cold. Like really cold. So cold my eyelashes froze together and the inside of your nose crack whenever you tried to inhale. Even though I was literally in the neighboring area to Siberia, I managed to enjoy myself. Bundled up in several pairs of thermals, leggings, sweats, snowpants, 6 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of gloves, earmuffs, beanie, and a coat, I waddled my way through the most incredible sculptures of ice and snow. It was breathtaking, and not just because of the cold. If you ever get the chance to go, go! The International Snow & Ice Festival runs every year for about 5 weeks starting at the beginning of January. Artists and sculpturers come from all around the world to create a magical white wonderland.
That is Farhenheit. And that was the warmest day.
 

 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment