Friday, December 30, 2011

Here I am

I have ceded to myself. I have stubbornly avoided starting a blog, because, well, I just didn't want to. I didn't want to for multiple reason and also for no reason at all. But, here I am. Blogging. The part of me who was reluctant has ceded to the part who was not.
What is this blog about? I have no idea. We shall both find out together. But I hope more than anything it will be a place for me to share my thoughts, experiences, musings, stories, and adventures of the journey of life I currently find myself on. Less than 5 months ago in a rare and random moment of spontaneity I sent off this little application for an internship position under the general director of a non-profit organization I had never heard of that worked in Asia. I told almost no one I had done so, I even kept it a secret from my reasonable, practical, fearful little self. I sent the application off in a rare moment of complete and utter faith. A faith based on a knowledge that my Father is an incredibly good Father and that if I, as I did in that moment, wanted nothing more than to commit my way to His ways, no matter what that was, that He would do His will with me and that His will was the best possible option. And He did. And He does. I'm not sure how it happened, but at this very moment I sit in Asia. My wildest dreams have come true. And it feels all like a dream. Yet this is the most real thing I have ever experienced. It is the most alive I have ever been.

No comments:

Post a Comment