Saturday, October 6, 2012

Why, hello there, Life.


Have you ever woken up and thought, “Where am I? And how on earth did I get here?”

I have; this very morning, in fact. And the weird thing is, I didn’t wake up on someone’s couch. I didn’t wake up with a splitting headache. I didn’t wake up in a resort on the beach. I woke up in my own bed, in my own room which I have been sleeping in for quite a while. I was wearing my usual pair of pajamas. And I was snuggled under my usual blanket. I opened my eyes and instantly knew where I was. I recognized the shadows casted on the wall by the stream of light coming in through the crack in the curtains. I knew exactly where I was and how I had gotten there. I was in my house, in Asia, and I had gotten here by car, plane, and taxi to be exact. But my first thought this morning was still, “Where am I? And how on earth did I get here?”

I know exactly where I am. I can mark out on a graph and name all the events, choices, and circumstances that have led up to me being here. But I still don’t understand it. I still cannot believe it. My life just totally took me by surprise. And each and every day is a surprise because I just never saw any of this coming.

I rolled over in my bed and stared at the ceiling in disbelief. I sighed. Life is such an adventure when you’re living it in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment